The Secret Power of Ginger
Aromatic, pungent and spicy… but also surprisingly healthy. In fact Ginger is one of the healthiest foods you can purchase at your local farmers market or supermarket.
Historically Ginger has been used as a powerful remedy against gastrointestinal distress, inflammation and is also a powerful antioxidant. More recently research has found that Ginger is also a remedy for motion sickness and in some cases ginger was found to be even more effective than over the counter drugs. This is good news for expecting moms as ginger is a safe and effective alternative to anti-nausea tablets.
Here are some of the great benefits of this miracle root:
- Maintains Blood Circulation: Ginger contains chromium, magnesium and zinc which can help to improve blood flow, as well as help prevent chills, fever, and excessive sweat.
- Remedies Motion Sickness: Ginger is known as an effective remedy against the nausea associated with motion sickness.
- Improves Absorption of Nutrients: Ginger stimulates gastric and pancreatic enzyme secretion which helps to body to absorb essential nutrients.
- Prevention of Cold and Flu: Ginger has been used as a natural treatment for colds and flu in Asia for thousands of years.
- Colon Cancer Prevention: Recent Studies have shown that Ginger might slow down the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- Spice up your love life: Ayurvedic texts credit Ginger with some Aphrodisiac properties.
Add some Ginger and Honey to a cup of hot tea and feel the benefits of this magical root today.
Written by: Celest L Nirenstein