In today’s extremely busy world life is manic and lived at a million miles an hour. Days are spent rushing from pillar to post, hustling to meet deadlines and charging from one social engagement to another. Not to mention that with modern technology there is an always on and always connected mentality, which can be exhausting.
You often don’t realize the effect that living life at such a pace with so many gadgets and so many meetings has, or that it is likely to result in burn out. It is for this very reason that holidays are vital and making time to just be lazy is the precious secret to success.
It is completely acceptable to be lazy on holiday and in fact it is fully encouraged and endorsed, as all negative connotations of the word fall away when taking time out. Winding down is becoming more and more alien to the human race, so much so that we may need some help to actually do it properly.
Here are ten tips to find ultimate relaxation on holiday:
- Get away from the hustle and bustle. It doesn’t have to be an expensive, international holiday; just out of town will do the trick.
- Switch off and disconnect completely from everything: phones, tablets, computers, alarm clocks and TVs. The world will continue to turn!
- Read lots of actual physical books and take mid-day naps. On vacation any time is a good time to have a nap.
- Get some sun. Vitamin D, known as the sunshine vitamin, not only boosts your immune system and strengthens your bones overall, but also just makes you feel wonderful.
- Wear only comfy clothes. There is no need to be fashionable or trendy on a relaxing holiday.
- Exercise, but only when you want to rather than when you feel you ought to. Only do it for the love of it, not for the guilt.
- Play games, have fun and laugh. Laughter is after all the best medicine!
- Meditate. Take time to reflect and touch base with the inner you. You will be surprised by what you find.
- Be present. Be where you are. Do not worry about the past or the future. Take time to stop and smell the roses.
Although this all sounds fairly simple and obvious, you would be surprised just how few people actually do this on a regular basis. The benefits are infinite and in fact scientific studies proves that you will live longer, you will be a nicer person and it will have a positive impact on your loved ones too. So take time out, lead the change!
Author: Lexi Kate