In less than two weeks we will see a new Miss Universe being selected at the 2018 Miss Universe pageant in Bangkok, Thailand. As you know, the current Miss Universe, Demi-Leigh-Nel Peters is one of World Swimsuit’s most adored models and we have been publishing her latest news on our website. It is therefore, fitting that we give you the Demi-Leigh news one last time before she crowns her successor.
1. Demi-Leigh back to doing good in New York
Following her stint at the United Nations General Assembly and visiting Egypt and Lebanon, Demi-Leigh attended the Golden Hearts awards an annual event where she raises funds to prepare meals for over 1 million meals for people who are too sick to cook for themselves.
2. In this post late October, Demi-Leigh reminds us about the importance of working out and having a good routine. See her original post on Instagram:
3. Demi-Leigh jets off to Thailand for Miss Universe 2018
Towards the end of October, Demi-Leigh jetted off to Thailand where Miss Universe will take place. She visited the One Love Foundation shortly after her arrival and posted an image on her Instagram account thanking the foundation for the wonderful work they do. See below:
4. Demi-Leigh shared snaps of her final photo-shot as Miss Universe. She also has been sharing images from the past, reflecting on her journey as Miss Universe.
5. Demi-Leigh celebrates Best Buddies
Mid-November, Demi-Nel attended the 22nd Annual Best Buddies Gala in Miami, Florida. Demi-Leigh looked amazing and took to Instagram to share a picture of herself at the colorful venue.
6. Demi-Leigh meets Miss Universe 2018 finalists
Demi posted a picture of herself surrounded by the Miss Universe 2018 finalists with a sweet caption ‘Loved meeting all these incredible and beautiful women last night’.
As we bid farewell to our beloved Miss Universe, Demi-Leigh whom we’ve had the pleasure to feature as a rookie in our 2016 magazine issue and a full feature in our 2017 issue shot in Mauritius. We would like to wish her all the best in the next chapter of her life.