Being a model definitely has it's perks. Modelling some of the most glamorous clothes, meeting the most famous designers, travelling the world is all part of a day's work if your'e a model. One of the better advantages has to be the pay checks one can collect and there could be quite a few to collect if one is considered to be an elite model and here are the top 10 highest earners for 2015.
1. Gisele Bundchen - $44 million. Probably the biggest model in the world, Gisele continues to out-earn every other model raking in a whopping $44 million. The Brazilian beauty might be retiring from the runway but this hasn't affected her image or brand at all. She has lucrative contracts with both Chanel and Carolina Herrera while increasing sales in her sandal brand Ipanema has also helped. Last year's number 1 also makes money through her lingerie line Gisele Bundchen Intimates and her large social media following of about 11 million fans keeps her relevant amongst younger audiences. This incredible run on Forbes's list doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon so be sure to keep an eye out for her in next year's list again.
2. Cara Delevingne - $9 million. After a busy year both modelling and acting, Cara has found herself at number 2 on the list after a stellar year. The Brit had her earnings increased through rewarding campaigns with the likes of Topshop and Burberry while maintaining her wealthy YSL contract. The 23 year old made her acting debut this year with her role in Paper Town where she plays the female lead and will also star in the upcoming London Fields which features Johnny Depp and the highly anticipated Suicide Squad. With an estimated 19 million followers on social media and a few more projects coming up next year looks even brighter for Cara and her career.
3. Adriana Lima - $9 million. As one of the world's most recognisable models, Adriana had another solid year in 2015. Being a Victoria's Secret model for 15 years is no easy task and she gets compensated handsomely as a result while also starring in Super Bowl adverts for Kia. This in conjunction with contracts from the likes of Marc Jacobs and H&M makes sure she's rolling in the green.
4. Doutzen Kroes - $7.5 million. Ducth goddess Doutzen Kroes arrives at no. 4 on the list due to her lucrative contract from L'Oréal and recently being named as the face for Tiffany & Co. As a model for Samsung in Holland and a growing cashmere sweater line all seems to be going well for the 30 year old and we can only imagine it will continue to grow as she remains one of the most in demand models currently working.
5. Natalia Vodianova - $7 million. With a jump from last year's $4 million to the $7 million of this year, Natalia Vodianova lands herself just inside the top 5. Fragrances from both Calvin Klein and Guerlain Shalimar Souffle de Parfum are the ones responsible for the bump up the list for 2015. Her lingerie line with Etam and being the face of Stella McCartney also helped the Russian to be placed right up there.
6. Miranda Kerr - $5.5 million. Next up is Australia's Miranda Kerr who cashed in cheques from both Victoria's Secret and Wonderbra, cementing her status as one of the most popular lingerie models. Contracts from Swarovski and Clear Hair made sure she landed on this year's list while her cosmetic line from Kora Organics and her endorsed teacups from Royal Albert proves what a businesswoman she is. With almost 19 million followers on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, Miranda Kerr has one of the strongest social media presences compared to most other models.
7. Joan Smalls - $5.5 million. With a $2 miilion increase from last year, Joan Smalls proved to have a great 2015. She can thank her contracts with Estée Lauder and H&M for such a solid year while she continues to walk the runways of some of the most prominent and popular brands. She also did ads for many brands including Clavin Klein and Marc Jacobs and became the first Latina ambassador Estée Lauder.
8. Lara Stone - $5 million. After missing out on last year's list, Lara made up for lost time by adding to her L'Oréal cosmetics contract in the form of fragrance contracts with both Stella McCartney and Tom Ford. The 31 year old who was discovered in Paris, also worked for high end store Barney's and starred in adverts for Kurt Geiger.
9. Alessandra Ambrosio - $5 million. After years and years within the industry Alessandra is considered a veteran within the modelling world. This does not mean she is working any less these days as evidenced by her long standing and rewarding contract with Victoria's Secret. She maintains a swimming and clothing collection with Planet Blue and also made her acting debut in the Brazilian soap opera Verdades Secretas.
10. Candice Swanepoel - $5 million. Rounding off the top 10 is South Africa's own Candice Swanepoel. She continues to be highly in demand and this is evident by almost doubling her 2014 figures of $3 million. A large chunk of her earning is a result of her Max Factor make up and Versace fragrance deals. The rest of her income comes from Victoria's Secret while she did advertisements for Free People and Givenchy. Her 6 million Instagram followers also keeps her active and present on social media.
For the full list click here